Elizabeth and Alan will be presenting at a series of regional events throughout September:
- September 4: Alan will be in Atlanta for the Atlanta Regional Commission’s Housing Forum and will speak at Emory University’s Center for Community Partnerships in DeKalb County.
- September 11: Elizabeth will speak to the EITC Funders Network in New Orleans.
- September 12: Alan will present at Montgomery Moving Forward (Montgomery County, MD). Register here to attend.
- September 17-19: Alan will be in Northern California for a series of events, including a briefing in Sacramento organized by the Sierra Health Foundation on September 17 and a public event hosted by the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano on Thursday, September 19 at 5PM (PDT) in Concord, CA. Register here to attend.
- September 21: Elizabeth and Alan will lead a discussion on suburban poverty following Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company’s 3PM performance of “Detroit.” For more information on the performance and to purchase tickets, visit this site. For a discounted ticket rate of $25, select the 3:00 p.m. performance on September 21 and enter the code “BROOKINGS” on the ticketing page. The code can also be redeemed over the phone at 202-393-3939, or in person at the box office.
- September 23: Elizabeth will speak on a panel, “The Suburbanization of Poverty: Surprising Challenges and Regional Solutions,” at the Council on Foundation’s Conference for Community Foundations in San Diego.
- September 25-27: Elizabeth and Alan will be in Chicago for a series of events, including a briefing to the Metropolitan Mayor’s Caucus and a forum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- September 29: Alan will present “The New Landscape of Poverty and Inequality” at the American Planning Association’s Federal Policy & Program Briefing in Washington, DC.